Dentures are a practical and reasonably affordable way to replace missing teeth.
What are some of the disadvantages of dentures?
- Dentures can fit poorly or become loose, leading to pain, difficulty eating, or slippage.
- Dentures can be noticeable, rather than appearing natural.
- Dentures need to be replaced about every seven to ten years.
- Dentures cannot help you avoid bone loss in the jaw.
- With partial dentures, there is the potential to weaken adjacent natural teeth providing support.
- Certain foods must be avoided when wearing dentures, limiting your enjoyment of snacks such as corn, apples, or sticky foods.
It is important to weigh out the drawbacks of dentures when considering how to resolve missing teeth. We invite you to meet with us for a private consultation to discuss your options for restoring an attractive, inviting smile.